Sector of activity: Industry
- Following a decision to move the industrial premises, this company’s profitability fell sharply: EBIT of €(12)m of which €(6)m on the industrial site.
- Moreover, many operational problems had arisen: deterioration in service rates, reduced productivity, higher break-even point for the plant, etc.
- Firstly, shareholders wanted clarification of the causes of this under-performance as well as an action plan to return to stability
- Secondly, management wished to be assisted in implementing this plan.
- Industrial Performance Analysis: planning of production, procurements, lean manufacturing.
- Plan to reduce fixed costs.
- Creation of a “Trade-Production” contract.
- Support with implementation of 5 industrial worksites.
- Implementation of reporting enabling tracking of results.
- 20% improvement in plant productivity.
- 20% rise in the service rate (from 65% to 85%).
- €1m reduction in the plant’s fixed costs (12%).
- Impact on EBIT (plant): return to stability in 3 months.
Key success factors
- Control of industrial problems
- Intervention on all strata of the company (from shareholders through to the plant operators)
- Selection of worksite managers (driving forces)